This is just a quick medical update for any worried parents :-) Our team is in pretty good health. We've managed to avoid getting sunburned, which I think is due to the fact that it is cloudy (although still very hot) most of the time. Mary's theory is that we have in fact, been so completely and disgustingly covered in dirt (we are so sweaty and the wind are carrying dirt from the Sahara) that we are just too covered up for the sun to get to us. Its actually gross. Every evening I keep thinking I have a mad foot tan, and it ends up being dirt... ew.
There have been some scrapes and cuts but nothing that bandaids and gauze pads couldn't handle. We now have 5 people in the Ditch Club (those who have fallen in one of the many gutters that line the streets and buildings in town and at the school): Raechel, Paul, Hanah, Veronica, Alyssa, and I'm sure we'll have a few more before we leave. We have plenty of water and are staying well hydrated, and the food here is delicious and hasn't caused many stomach issues. Hope you all are doing well!
Later,
Sarah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"Every evening I keep thinking I have a mad foot tan, and it ends up being dirt... ew."
That's hot.
Post a Comment